I have combined a training in traditional sports medicine with a comprehensive study of current holistic approaches to the body, healing, and movement. And over the last 25 years have developed innovative and personalized methods to help my clients overcome many injuries that are rooted in posture, structure and form. In addition to applying these methods to a wide field of activities, forty-five years of distance running and fifteen years of intensive endurance training and racing has given me a personal understanding of the specific injuries and problems associated with running. My method of working with runners has a significant impact on injury rehabilitation, injury prevention, form efficiency and performance.
Both in one-on-one sessions and in workshops and clinics I have helped thousands of runners and athletes of all levels and ages to overcome body and training based injury and performance limitations.
This approach has had success in a wide range of clinical applications, rehabilitating many orthopedic injuries as well as structurally related health problems such as arthritis, indigestion, learning disabilities, exercised induced asthma, and balance.
My own testimonial: Prior to my Ultra Running career I was injured any time I tried to exceed 25 miles a week. That was my upper limit. And it wasn’t until I received instruction on how to use my body when running did I start to enjoy the ability to run more and not be plagued by injury and layoffs and the disappointment that accompanied these. The idea of “how to use my body” was unique when I first heard about it in conjunction with Running Form improvement. Now having studied the body and worked as a Physical Therapist for thirty years, and having myself been coached from the perspective of “learning and improving” in form, endurance and performance, I have gained a personal and professional appreciation of the “How” we learn to improve our movement skills. I bring this understanding into all my work with Runners, Running Form and Technique.
Classes and Consulting Resume
- The University of Colorado Woman’s Cross Country and Track Team
- The Colorado High School Coaches Association
- Boulder and Denver Fit Marathon Training Groups
- Phidippides Track Club
- Encouraging Hands Music School
- The Colorado Harpist Association
- The City of Boulder Aerobic and Strength Conditioning Coaches
- The City of Ft. Collins Wellness Center
- The City of Littleton
- Boulder County Wellness
- Jeffco County Wellness
- Colorado Wellness Coalition
- The Avon Three Day Walk-a-thon
- Lakeshore Athletic Club
- Apex Recreation Center, Arvada; Two Day Running Clinics
- Amgen Corp.
- Ball Aerospace
- Sun Microsystems
- Tyco Healthcare
- Level 3
- Seagate Corporation
- University of Hawaii Dept. of Adult Education, Maui Campus
- Mile High Triathlon Club
Ad Astra Ultra Relay 100 K Champions
- Sunmart Texas Trail 50 Miler, First Place 50 Year Age Group
- Crown King Scramble 50 Miler, First Place 50 Year Age Group
- Six time Leadville Trail 100 finisher, 3 time First Place 50 Year Age Group
- Two time Western States 100 Endurance Run, Silver Buckles
- USATF National Road Championships, Masters 2nd Place 50 Miles
- USATF National Trail Championships, Masters 3rd Place 50 Miles